How to Verify your Facebook Page?
If you are not new on Facebook then you must have encountered pages and posts on it fairly often. While browsing through the plethora of pages in there has it ever occured to you that you might want to authenticate your very own page, make it appear a little more professional? Well, today’s article on how to verify your Facebook page is your saviour!
Facebook is flooded with multiple or similar entries of the same businesses, or people tend to create a lot of duplicate accounts of famous or renowned people. Verification makes it easier to locate the right and the official page and thereby lends a touch of authenticity to the account.
You may observe that many account and pages have Blue Tick Badge. Those pages or account officially verified by Facebook. The blue checkmark gives your page a sense of legitimacy and reputation as a “public figure.”
With this amazing verification benefits, How to Verify Facebook Page or Account is a question that is bound to pop up. Almost every business house and even individuals want to get their Facebook page verified. Let’s discuss the whole verification thing in detail.
Note- In case any unofficial page exist for your business, or there is a duplicate account running by your name, verification is must as it adds much-needed credibility and authenticity to your page.
HOW TO VERIFY YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE USING BADGES
Badge is an official stamp of authenticity and verified Pages would also show up higher in search results. Facebook now offers two different colors of badges as far as Facebook verification is concerned. Take a look:
- Grey- Facebook lets local businesses get the gray checkmark now. Business Pages with physical addresses can display a verified gray check mark now.
- Blue- The blue checks displayed on verified Pages are given for celebrities, public figures, sports teams and other media and entertainment organizations.
However, some global brands may actually have both types of badges. Their main page, i.e. parent page will display a blue badge, while their individual location pages will display the gray local business badge.
WHO CAN DO VERIFICATION?
Many times, Facebook automatically verifies and gives verified symbol. But, this is not the case with all. A lot of people tend to ask time and again that How do I get my page verified?
Ordinary users are not eligible for this verification, and they even don’t need this badge. Take a look at the people or organizations eligible for this badge:
- Government Officials
- Popular or Global brand/business
- Celebrities, Journalist, Entertainment organizations
- Writers, Bloggers, etc.
- Political Figure or Public figures
- Media company or brand
In case you happens to be one of them, Facebook will give you automatic verification itself. There is no need to submit any manual verification request to Facebook. However, there are few requirements that need to be fulfilled.
If they find you eligible for verification, they hopefully your profile get verify within few days.
- Go to the About Section of your page and under Page Info you will find a tab named Category. Change it to Public Figure.
- Fill in the About Section of your Page or Profile accurately. Fill in all the accurate information about you or your business. Fill in your bio, all the awards if you have received, your e-mail and your cell number very carefully.
- If you have an official website, then link your Facebook page from that site.
- Make sure that you regularly share content from your website on your Facebook page.
- If possible, purchase some Facebook ads or boost your posts.
- Be ready with one of the following documents:
- Driving Licence
- Birth Certificate
- Articles of Incorporation ( if you represent a media, entertainment or sports company)
Some people do have a misconception that Facebook looks out for the number of fans on that official page as a measure for providing verification. This is not the case. Some people get the blue check at 1,000 followers, and there are people with 100,000 who get rejected. Therefore, a number of Facebook followers or fans is no criteria to get a blue tick.
Once you filled all the info, Facebook takes almost 40-50 days to verify your page. In some cases, Facebook took only 4 days to verify the page. So, the timing depends on the situation and cannot be ascertained. The verification status is confirmed by mail.
In the case of manual verification, if your page is disapproved of verification you can always reapply after 30 days again. However, don’t re-apply every 30 days and get internally blacklisted.
PROCESS OF VERIFICATION VIA MENTIONS APP
You can also try getting Facebook verification via the Facebook Mentions app. Take a look at the steps:
- Download the app and open it up, click ‘Get Started.’
- Just enter your name, and select “My Page or profile isn’t verified.”
- A page will open up, consisting of a form wherein you need to do the following:
- Select your page name from the drop down menu
- Upload a photo of your Photo- ID.
- Enter your website URL
- And after filling in the required details, Click Send to finish.
- Run short budgeted ads for a week.
You can also use Mentions app to manage your Facebook page too. In fact Mentions app offers a lot of additional features that are super amazing.
To have the blue check is a perk, no matter whether it is Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. It adds creditability to the official accounts of notable people. Don’t underestimate the value of the content on the page. Do spend a little effort and time on writing your bio and description. Decide a tiny advertising budget so that you don’t overspend on boosting or promoting your ads.
Earlier it was possible to request verification manually, but as of now this feature is not available on Facebook as Facebook is not accepting the further Manual request for verification at this moment.
One of the main reasons for this is that a lot of people apply through Agencies, PMD’s or other networks agents for Facebook verification. Don’t get trapped by any such agencies as they charge a hefty amount for verification. Simply follow the above methods to get your Facebook page verified.
Facebook is a hub of business houses promoting their products or service. Indulge in Facebook verification and add that touch of authenticity to your page as the process is easy and you can get your badge within just a few days if all the requirements pertained are matched successfully.
Hopefully, you have liked our article on how to verify your Facebook page! If you have any more suggestions or questions feel free to leave them in the comments below, I always keep an eye out for them!!